The art of keeping a small bedroom tidy, can overwhelm all of us at times. Regardless of your good intentions, if your room is what estate agents can refer to as ‘cosy’ then there are going to be times when your floor will look more like a jumble sale. If your possessions seem to be sneaking out, and taking over the space in your bedroom more and more often, then there are options.
- Have a freestanding PVC shoe caddy to keep each pair together and off the floor.
- Buy some storage drawers and customise them to fit in with your existing interior décor scheme. It’s a way to reduce your clothes storage, without using bulky furniture such as a chest of drawers.
- Use vertical bookshelves which are attached to the wall, to create more space
- Make the most of the space by using any area for hanging units, even the end of the bed. It’s only suitable for small items though.
- Make sure that furniture can double up in functions, such as having a storage unit double as a workspace. Something like a free standing cabinet is perfect for that.
- You can use a footstool as a night stand to make a little more room.
- If your back is up to it, use a chest of drawers as a makeshift bed, and simply put the bedding on top of it.
- Use a shelved caddy instead of a bedside table in order to keep things that are important to you close at hand.
- Hang your laundry basket on the back of your door, to replace a standing one which takes up quite a lot of room
- Install a tension rod in any alcoves and use them to store lightweight items such scarves or ties.
If this has inspired you to maximise your space, and you need further ideas then please contact us at https://www.cravenandhargreaves.co.uk/